Loaned Executive Position Description
United Way Executive Director and Volunteer Campaign Chair(s)
Loaned Executives work with United Way staff and volunteers to identify community needs, raise the organization’s visibility, and champion its ability to meet those needs. The Loaned Executive is also part of a team that is striving to reach a fundraising goal in order to support programs in Greater Franklin County that improve people’s lives. It's a unique professional development opportunity which provides significant chances to network in the business community, make contacts that can later benefit the sponsoring company, learn leadership skills, and make a deep and lasting impact on the community.
Concentrated over the span of just four months, (September – December) it's hard work, but also a tremendous opportunity to get acquainted with local issues and those working on them. Loaned executives work on either a full-time basis (12 weeks) or a part-time basis that is the equivalent of 12 weeks work, depending upon the sponsoring organization’s wishes.
- Attend a Loaned Executive Orientation.
- Attend scheduled regular campaign planning and reporting sessions with United Way staff and volunteers.
- Communicate with past and current Loaned Executives to gain and share experience. (ie Hannaford, TD Bank, L.L. Bean).
- Develop and implement campaign strategies by working with Employee Campaign Managers and Volunteers on assigned accounts.
- Get to know UWTVA’s Community Partners and local initiatives by visiting agencies and participating in meetings/events.
- Provide Campaign support by arranging for speakers, materials and agency tours through the United Way office or a Community Partner site.
- Ensure assigned accounts receive necessary campaign materials.
- Make United Way presentations at company campaign rallies and ask for employee contributions.
- Engage new companies to support United Way of the Tri-Valley Area.
- Keep volunteers and staff fully informed of campaign progress in accounts on a weekly basis.
- Collect any needed paperwork and contributions from assigned companies.
- Attend the Campaign Kickoff, Campaign Wrap-up Event and other public events.
- Evaluate campaign and make recommendations to staff and key volunteers.
Important Personal Qualifications
- Believes in the mission of the United Way of the Tri-Valley Area.
- Enjoys working with people and feels comfortable speaking in public.
- Works comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Is organized and able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Is highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Is a team player who enjoys working on a highly energetic and motivated team.